Terms and Conditions
Lessons cancelled at short notice or missed for what ever reason (24hrs before lesson start time) will require payment in full.
- In the event of a late cancellation by you an invoice will be sent to your home address for the payment. Payment must be received in 30 days. Failure to do this may mean that your lesson slot will be offered to another customer.
- In the event that pre-pay deals are not completed before you pass the practical test with us, any used training time will be re-calculated at the normal lesson rate and the remainder refunded accordingly.
It is your responsibility to check location, times and dates of lessons.
- It is your responsibility to make sure you are fit to drive and have a valid license.
- Hire of the driving school car for use during the practical test will be charged at the normal lesson rate.
- Your Driving Instructor reserves the right to withhold the use of the driving school car for practical test, if in their opinion the chances of passing the test are unrealistic.
Practical test cancellation
- In the event of the driving school car being unavailable on the day of the practical test for reasons of illness to your driving instructor, or for reasons of mechanical failure, test fees incurred by you will be refunded in full.Except when double booked by you. Example (you have booked a test and the instructor already has a test at that time/date )
- In the event of the practical test being cancelled by the driving standards agency, it is normal practice for the test fee to be refunded by them, however lessons booked on the day will be subject to the 24 hrs late notice cancellation and will require payment. (Some of these fees can normally be claimed back from the D.S.A).
- Please inform the office of any complaints (01228 546688) that you may have and we will endeavor to address the situation. In the event that you are not satisfied, you may then make reference to the registrar of approved driving instructors who will consider the matter and advise accordingly.
- Gift vouchers are valid until the date of which is written for the expiration which is 6 months from the date of ordering.
- All vouchers that have not been redeemed or started within the expiration date will not be reissued.
- If a voucher is lost or stolen New starters driving school will not be held responsible and the voucher will be void.
- The only exception for above (ii) is if the voucher is within its use by date and can be tracked, in this case we can reissue a voucher but for an administration cost of £20.
- All gift vouchers are redeemable for either the pre-learner or on road driving lessons.
- If a voucher has an amount left when turning 17 years you can carry the remainder to on road lessons.
- If a voucher has been fully used it must be returned to the driving instructor that you have taken your lessons with.
- Anyone who attends a driving lesson that has purchased a gift voucher must present the voucher on his/her lesson.
- If a voucher is not presented a student will be charged the full price of the lesson taken.
- Lesson cancellations must have 24 hours notice.
- If 24 hours notice is not given for cancellations you will be charged for the lesson or the voucher will become invalid if it amounts to one lesson.
- Or a lesson will be deducted from the voucher if more than one lesson has been purchased.
- If a voucher becomes invalid you will be asked to return it to New starters driving school, we will provide postage or collect the voucher.
- The 24 hours notice may be wavered from time to time but this is at the driver’s discretion and you will be told within 3 working days if the fee has been wavered.
- Any lessons whether they are pre-learner or on road lessons must be booked in advance.
- Pre-learner lessons are to be booked at least 3-4 weeks in advance.
- On road driving lessons are to be booked 1-2 weeks in advance.
- Any lessons booked with a voucher must have the voucher issue number quoted as this helps with records and lesson tracking.
- If a number is not quoted when booking tracking will be harder and this may cause problems if the voucher is ever lost or stolen.
- If it is not possible for a lesson to be booked before a voucher has reached its use by date and this is the fault of New starters driving school you will have an extension added to your voucher.
- Extensions will only be given if you have called within the time periods stated in section 5i and 5ii.
- Extensions for 1-5 lessons will be to the date that is open for a booking or 1 month (subject to the availability) and the extension for a block booking (block bookings are of 10 lessons) will be 3 months.
- When an extension is in place you will be booked with the earliest available instructor/s.
- Vouchers are non-transferrable between students and if a transfer has been made without New starters driving school knowing then a voucher will become invalid and will need returned.
- A transfer is possible but only if we are made aware of the transfer and the reason for the transfer, the voucher will need sent back to us to be transferred as a new name and issue number will be released but the date will stay the same.
- Transfers are not to be made on a block booking or bookings of more than 1 lesson.
- If a voucher is non-transferrable (8ii) you will be refunded but an administration cost of £10 will be needed.
Other Important Terms
- Most lessons will be video-recorded for yours and our safety, Videos or photographs maybe used for promotion purposes. By being a customer of New Starters Driving School you are agreeing to this condition. You may object to this by informing your instructor. at the beginning of your lesson.
- By being a customer of New Starters Driving School you are agreeing to your image and or quotes and reviews to be used in any marketing that New Starters Driving School sees fit. You will receive no monetary values for the use of these materials and they become the property of New Starters Driving School.
Please remember that although we are a company and an expanding business, all of our instructors are self employed- this means that although they work with New starters driving school they are still their own boss and only get paid for what they do.
Thank you for taking the time to read and we look forward to teaching you,
New Starters Driving School.
“The Cumbria Road Safety Partnership congratulates and endorses the New Starters Driving School of Carlisle in the innovative approach used in their teaching of road craft to young drivers.”